fire risk assessments
a fire risk assessment consists of five main steps:
- identifying fire hazards: we’ll identify anything in your property that could cause a fire. we’re looking for ignition sources and fuels – things that could start a fire and things that could burn as a result of it. an oven in a catering premises could start a fire, for example, and any cooking oils could burn and aggravate said fire.
- identifying people at risk: everyone in your property would be at risk if a fire was to break out, but some will be at greater risk than others due to a range of potential factors: their job role, their age, any mobility issues they may have. we’ll identify who is at the greatest risk.
- evaluate, remove or reduce the risks: once we have determined what the risks are, it’s time to figure out how to reduce them or eliminate them completely. this might range from changing the layout of a space to arranging for pat testing, or the maintenance of fire safety equipment.
- record, plan and train: for businesses with more than five employees, the findings of your fire risk assessment must be recorded in writing, along with the steps you have taken to mitigate any risks. you must also devise a clear, complete plan of your fire emergency protocol – what would happen and what your employees need to do – and you must ensure your staff are thoroughly trained in said plan.
- review: any fire risk assessment findings should be reviewed regularly, with additional assessments being carried out ‘whenever there are new machines, substances and procedures that could lead to new hazards’ according to the health and safety executive.
华体会网址app are qualified to carry out fire risk assessments as per the pas 79: 2012 format. to improve the safety of your commercial premises, get in touch with 华体会网址app today and arrange your fire risk assessment.